FAQ’s about EOS
Helping Entrepreneurs is our passion, so don’t hesitate to share your business issues or thoughts around EOS. We’re happy to help you if your question isn’t listed below in the list of Frequently asked questions about the Entrepreneurial Operating System.
FAQ's about EOS | The system
Every business has an “operating system”. In many small companies, the business lives or dies based on the owners individual ability to run everything. The owner manages all issues that come up. If you run a small company with a few employees that’s ok. Once a company grows a real operating system is needed. Doing it all yourself becomes too difficult.
An effective operating system like EOS® will help you define your vision, including your core values and focus, your long term plans and goals, and your strategy. The system will most importantly determine the right people, who are in the right seats. The system will simplify your processes, determine your key metrics, create an environment where issues are addressed and solved weekly, and everyone in the organization has a strong sense of accountability towards the shared vision.
That’s easy just schedule a call. We’ll talk about your business situation and how EOS® can help your business. If you decide that it makes sense to invite us into a deeper 90 Minute Meeting with your leadership team, we can schedule that right away. EOS® is not always a fit for everyone, but it doesn’t hurt our feelings. We’re just here to help you.
On this site you can also find a lot of information about the Entrepreneurial Operating System. We explain the basics of EOS, why you would use EOS, the EOS Model, the EOS Process and the practical tools in the EOS Toolbox.
- Read the first few chapters of Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business. We can send you a free copy of Traction. There's a limited number of free books available.
- Take the Organizational Checkup™ It's an easy three minute self-test to gauge your organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Call to chat with us about it. It's free and you might decide to invite us to talk with you or your leadership team. That’s also free. We’ll even give you a set of the tools. There’s no obligation and it’s not a sales pitch. Where here to help you to get to know the system. You’ll get a feeling if you’re ready or not.
FAQ's about EOS | Implementing
In general companies with $2M -$50M of revenue, headquartered in one location, with a staff of 10-250 and a leadership team of 3-7, are best suited for EOS. And last but not least (and also not size related); An open-mindset and the drive to help the organization to reach its full potential are critical.
- Nothing is working; what ever they try, nothing gives them traction
- No growth; they've hit a ceiling and wonder how to break through to grow
- A vision that either isn’t shared, or worse, not being followed by the team. There's lack of trust, low morale and ‘silos’ within the business.
- Frustration; the same issues keep coming up. Fiighting fires over and over again, day after day.
- Generally “feeling stuck” in the daily grind. Rarely get a chance to work on the business instead of in the business.
- Finally, we find that the main leaders are discouraged that the business is making them a mess or unhappy even if it is doing well outwardly. They're are getting tired of it.
- A shared vision. It's clear to the team what you want to be as a company and how to get there.
- The right people doing the right things in the right ways. With every member of your team accountable for a handful of goals and numbers, you’ll get consistently better results This will show in higher morale, higher turnover, improved productivity, and improved efficiencies.
Yes, absolutely without a doubt. The system is made for leadership teams not for individual leaders. So if you are a solopreneur or have a very flat organization (one leader with many ‘assistants’), then EOS is not right for you. The most impact from EOS will come when you have a leadership team of 3-7 actual leaders.
- Teaching every tool in the EOS Toolbox
- Facilitating clarity, alignment and resolution
- Coaching EOS® purity, accountability and helping your leadership team become its best
On average we’ll have 12 days with EOS® sessions in two years for implementing EOS®. During this period I’ll teach you the EOS® system, give you the tools you need to run the system, facilitate the sessions and help you to be accountable to your goals, your team and your priorities … and then get out of your way. Our main goal is to work ourselves out of a job.
Due to my management experience I’m sometimes also consulted for general management topics, but that’s additional to the EOS® implementation.
Sure no problem. Many of our clients want us to facilitate their quarterly and annual sessions way past the two year mark.
Not at all. We're not in your business on a regular basis, only 5-6 days a year. We can travel to you or wherever you want to meet. The benefit of hiring a local implementer is the lack of travel fees. So you may factor that into the equation. Our preference is to serve clients in Europe, but we're willing to travel. One of our clients is based in the USA for example.
All official EOS® Implementers offer the same guarantee. One of our Core Values is help first, which means I provide value before receiving anything. If you do not feel you received value for our day together, then you do not pay me. It’s as simple as that.
FAQ's about EOS | Start and roll out of EOS
We recommend to hold meetings offsite. So you'll be disengaged from the day-to-day business and the distractions of interruptions by your remaining staff.
Yes, but unless it's required due to a pandemic we don't recommended it. Short calls or weekly updates virtually are fine but is not conducive to a great full day meeting. EOS sessions are digital-free, you get to disengage from the day-to-day. You're open and honest with each other. Working together solving big challenges and moving towards your future goals. There are too many distractions while sitting in front of your computer. Don’t do it.
FAQ's about EOS | Missing something?
That's a pity! But don't worry. Just let us know what you're missing. We're curious about it and here to help you.